Not all transcription projects are the same. Not all transcription clients have the same needs.
Before anyone begins transcribing your content, determining what resources are available and how a potential transcription service approaches your needs can help ensure the best possible results.
Consider the following :
- Does it make any difference what service does my transcribing – besides price?
- What are some of the variables in a project that could affect the transcription process and costs? Why should the transcription company be alerted of this information when you request a quote?
- Does the transcription service have experience with the type of work that you need? For whom have they done similar projects and can they provide a reference?
- What are the questions potential clients never, ever ask a transcription service?
- How do transcription services bill for their services?
- What technical support is offered for transcribing a wide range of digital and analog formats?
- What is the best way to send recorded content to a transcription company?