Jobs for Transcription Typists
The fast-growing AUDIO TRANSCRIPTION CENTER needs transcriptionists
to convert recorded material into text format at our offices in Boston.
We offer 2 options:
- Work directly in our office in downtown Boston (across the street from the Park Street T station) as an employee
- Work as an off-site independent contractor (often described as a home typist or freelance transcriber).
- 75-80 wpm minimum typing speed with prior transcription experience preferred.
- You must possess a keen listening ability, as well as superior grammar, vocabulary and punctuation skills.
- Our successful candidates have a natural curiosity towards all aspects of culture, history, the arts, and politics reflecting a wide range of knowledge. This is what sets us apart from other transcribing services.
- Transcribers with fluent bilingual or multilingual skills are always welcome.
- College degrees are very helpful but self-developed knowledge is just as desirable.
- Reliability and meeting deadlines are critical.
These are some of the reasons why we are considered to have one of the outstanding transcription services in the U.S.
What type of work do we do?
Our primary markets are:
- Legal Proceedings
- Oral Histories
- Military History
- Focus Groups
- General Interviews
- Professional Meetings
Most of our finished work can be generally classified as copy for editing, due to the nature of our subject matter.
What type of work do we not do?
- Medical transcription
- Dictated correspondence
- Insurance staff
Want to work in our Boston office?
- Opportunity to work flexible hours on YOUR schedule at our convenient downtown location within one block from four subway lines
- Flexible hours: days, nights, weekends, holidays (must be able to work at least a four hour shift)
- Perfect part-time or second job
- All work done in our ofice is as a W-2 employee
How do I get hired? It's simple We offer a few easy ways to apply:
- Submit your resume via our online
- Submit your resume with cover letter to: email@example.com
- We'll have you take a preliminary typing test, which we'll send
- Call us and make an appointment to come in for an interview and
have your skills and experience evaluated.